If you will type the following words in the search box of the Google search engine:
"Police ask for public help find elderly"
you will find that in most cases the Police asks us for help in uncovering and locating a person with whom contact has been lost. I did not check how many of these people were found and how many were not found.
There is no doubt that some of the requests for help in the search for people who are missing originate in false calls, and at end, most of the missing are found, fortunately, at some point or another.
But what about older people who have orientation problems in the environment such as dementia / Alzheimer's patients? What about autistic children and adults who also have environmental problems? When these are lost many systems come into play and we as a family and community are forced to invest great efforts, mental and financial.
Following is a description of the factors involved in locating a person with whom contact was lost:
• The near family: parents, children, brothers etc.
• The entire community.
• The media reports, displays pictures and descriptions of missing persons.
• The Police and other community entities.
There is no doubt that this is a very frequent phenomenon.
Beyond the distress and suffering of the family and those who went missing, there are additional damages such as considerable financial costs for searches, disruption of the activities of various community organizations such as the Police, various departments in the municipalities and more.
I do not know if this phenomenon that is part of our lives can be completely prevented, but it is quite simply possible to help locate these missing persons immediately.
A real example: A person who has a orientation problems in the environment goes to buy something every morning. Once in a while, when he is on the way home he is wrong on the way and instead of going left he turns right. At this moment the anxieties begin, where is he?? Hysterically communicating with the children to the brothers and after a few hours to the police.
After the family realized the Tracker solution, the problem was solved. The man's wife knows that he is supposed to arrive at about 7:45 am. If he does not show up, she immediately checks her smartphone or tablet and identify on the GOOGLE map where he is, meets him and comes home safely with him, in short, significant savings in distress and anxiety.
In recent years, we have made a significant breakthrough in the field of technology and minimization, and there are definitely effective solutions to this issue.
Tracker for human being is suitable for:
• People who have difficulties in getting around.
• Children who go to kindergarten or school in the lower grades to provide security for themselves and their parents.
• Pets as a cat or dog.
Pet owners know that when the pet has been lost and in the best case was caught by the veterinary department and then they are forced to pay "ransom" and at worst the pets are lost.
The market has a number of solutions to the subject based on a sophisticated accessory designed to quickly neutralize such events, and to provide a proper solution for the family concerned, daily security for the family and the person who suffers from the problem of orientation in the environment.
The accessory contains two main components:
• Accurate and high quality GPS.
• SIM card.
The accessory can transmit the location information at regular intervals or on demand. The data is transmitted to a "cloud" repository and accumulated there for several months.
With a simple and dedicated application on a smartphone, laptop, tablet or any computer you can view the traffic history of the device on a Google map and the current location. The meaning is that in case of losing contact with the person who carries the device we can easily locate, communicate with him and listen to the voices in the near environment.
The following is a description of the device and its main features:
• Ability to define a number of responsible / mentoring people (especially close family and caregivers) who will be able to monitor and communicate with the device.
• Ability to set multiple destinations to send different alerts when needed.
• Electronic Hedge: You can define an area that, once the device is out of the specified area, the device will send alerts to various people.
• You can hear what is happening in the near environment of the device so that you can know if someone is crying or groaning, etc. ("quiet listening" that the subject of the device does not need to act to maintain)
• You can actually manage a call with the subject of the device.
• The unit has a panic button.
The following is a general description of the devices and their designation:
• A device that is worn as a watch for small children.
• A device that is worn as a watch for adults.
• A device that can be "slipped" into a bag or pouch.
• A device designed for animals as large as a horse or camel and worn on the neck.
• A device designed for pets (dogs or cats).
As already mentioned above, this is a solution that is already working, very reliable and indeed functioning well on a daily basis.
There is no doubt that technology sometimes has its drawbacks and sometimes advantages. In these cases, we are talking about harnessing the technology and its advantages for those who have problems with, their family members and various elements in the community who are sometimes required to interfere with their daily routine and to help search for those people.